Sustainable & Organic Ingredients
~ Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together. All things connect. ~ Chief Seattle
We are teaching our children to live a green life and asked them to draw what being green means to them… While there are thousands of beautiful computer graphics of “green” symbols for use… we thought it best to use our children’s visions.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ~Native American Proverb
Wylde Rose Handmade Soaps and Candles is concerned for the future of our planet and does everything we can to do our part and beyond our part with being GREEN! Every single step adds up into big steps if we all start caring.
Organic ingredients are used wherever we can. We do NOT use any products that are unsustainable. Products must be from Fair Trade Sources. All of our soapmaking ingredients are completely Vegan with all of our ingredients being from plant based materials.Accountable Packaging
We’re happy to announce a new style of packaging for the bars of soap. Previously the soap has been shrink wrapped in a pvc film. Not exactly the most eco friendly. However now there is a shrink wrap that is completely sustainable, made from plants (corn resin to be specific) and biodegradable. I know a lot of soap companies don't believe in wrapping their soap - I do - for a couple of reasons. Most people purchase multiple scents - those scents if left beside each other morph into something new... sometimes its a great scent - most times its not a great merger. Also it helps to keep the soap at its freshest. Scents do tend to fade from handmade soaps - its the very nature of them as the purposely lack the chemicals to enhance that staying power. The bags really make a difference and with compostable bags it works!
We're even further pleased to announce that the same company that makes the eco shrink film also makes the bags that I use for most other wrapping replacing the traditional poly bags.
All of our bottles and jars are made with 100% recycled PET plastic or glass and are completely recyclable. Ethical Business Practices
Everywhere we look we see waste. It can be an overabundance of packaging or even worse packaging that cannot be recycled. Or it can be businesses with their lights on overnight. Unfortunately there are too many examples.
Our kids used to call me cheap but they are getting the hang of living green and realizing how much sense it actually makes. It’s not just smart for the planet but it’s also smart business sense to cut costs by reducing waste. Some of our other Ethical Business Practices include
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- We use clean rags and cloth whenever we can but in the rare need for paper towels we use paper products that are made from 99.9% pre-or post-consumer recycled paper.
- Aprons, linens and towels are washed using phosphate-free and biodegradable natural laundry soap that we make and sell.
- Our recycling program includes compost, cardboard, plastic and glass.
- We use programmable thermostats. Every degree you turn down your thermostat you save 2 percent on your annual heating bill.
- Office and disposable supplies come from 'green companies when we can’t make it ourselves.
- Our cleaning supplies we make ourselves.
- Purchase only recycled paper for our office and reuse paper whenever possible.
- Printer cartridges and toner are recycled.
- All of our appliances are energy efficient. So are the light bulbs!
- Even the coffee grounds are used for compost or soap (coffee soap!)
- Customer sales receipts are sent via email to reduce paper waste.
- Computer monitors are turned off when not in use.
- Cardboard boxes used in shipping are recycled and recyclable. We re-use any box that we can.
- As box filler/padding we will re-use newspaper that arrives at our door. or re-use the multitude of packing supplies we receive from shipments. We never buy new filler.